Thank you so much to Jess and Teagan @ Fiction No Chaser for nominating me!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions they asked you
3. Come up with your own 11 questions and tag some bloggers
Questions from Jess and Teagan
1. What’s a book that shook you?
I’d say most recently Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, but the book that has so far left me the most shook this year is Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff. Seriously, the Nevernight Chronicles is an amazing, dark, intricate (and bloody) fantasy series and Mia Corvere is one of my favorite protagonists of all time. I won’t spoil anything about the ending, but I could. not. stop. reading.
2. What’s the location of the favorite vacation you’ve ever taken?
When I go on vacation it’s always to California to visit family, which is obviously great and it’s super nice there, but I’m not really a west coast person. A place I really love is this little inn in upstate New York that I sometimes go to for short trips (like a weekend getaway) and it’s so beautiful there. Right in nature with a little brook running right behind it—you can always hear the sounds of the forest and rushing water and it’s very serene.
3. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Emma Watson. She’s such an amazing person who, despite her fame and wealth, decided to pursue higher education (at an Ivy League!!), get her degree (in English Lit which is what I want to study) and is now a Women Goodwill ambassador for the UN. I have so much respect and admiration for her and I would love for her to play me in a movie.
4. If you could join a book friend squad who would you join?
Oh my gosh this is so hard. The two that immediately come to mind are the Inner Circle and the Court of Terrasen, but to be completely honest I’m not sure how well I could keep up with any of the fae. I think it’d be so much fun to join Percy and his squad, and hang out with him and Annabeth and Piper and Leo and all of them (as a demigod of course)!
5. What’s your favorite place to read?
My bed! It’s so relaxing and quiet in my room and I know no one will bother me there, but sadly because of school, I have to get most of my reading done on the bus to and from school since I have so much work to do a lot of the time. But thankfully that’s almost over and I’ll finally have more time to read!
6. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done (that you’re willing to tell the interwebz)?
I mayyy have borrowed a few books from my school library and just… didn’t give them back?
7. If you could do anything for a living what would it be?
Write! If I could be a full-time author that would be a dream come true, but I would also love to build a career for myself as an editor of YA. I love editing, (I’m the one my friends always turn to for help with essays) and being able to help other authors and work so closely with them is something I really would like to do.
8. What book-to-movie do you wish had never happened?
I honestly don’t have too many scathing opinions as far as book-to-movie adaptations go. I know a lot of people really hate the Percy Jackson movies, and I can totally get why, but when I first saw it I was too young to think about how different it was from the book (I was in third grade I think). I personally loved the first one despite the glaring differences from the book, but I didn’t enjoy the second one that much.
9. What is your weirdest book habit?
I wouldn’t say I have any overly-weird bookish habits, but as soon as I finish a book I do have a journal where I write down all my opinions on the book. I wouldn’t exactly call them reviews (though what’s written in there is the basis for all my reviews) because they’re way too rambly/fangirly disorganized to be called that, but all of my first thoughts and opinions go down in there.
10. Who is the person you respect the most?
Outside of people I know in my everyday life, I respect my favorite authors the most. Or I guess a better word would be idolize. Sarah J. Maas is at the very top of the list.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’m not exactly sure. Excluding where I live now, I’d probably live somewhere in England, or Ireland, or maybe in a small village in France (like Belle lol). I haven’t traveled abroad anywhere, so I can’t really decide on a place from experience. It would need to be surrounded in nature though, and have at least two bookstores.
1. Who’s your favorite author and why?
2. What’s the best book you’ve recently read?
3. What’s your favorite word?
4. If you could bring one book with you on a deserted island what would it be?
5. Top three favorite character names?
6. Favorite genre?
7. What’s the last book you bought?
8. What’s your most anticipated read this year, and if it’s already out, what did you think?
9. What’s one book you would recommend to everyone?
10. What’s a book you’ve been meaning to read but have never gotten to?
11. Least favorite book of the year so far?
Nimika @ Wordhaven
Madeline @ Caffeine and Writing Dreams
Sissi @ The Book World
Again thank you so much to Jess and Teagan for the tag and I hope you enjoyed!